Graduate students in the Polymer Engineering Department at Tarbiat Modares University enjoy one of the top-ranked teaching and research programs in Iran in terms of knowledge level, research capability, and future in academic works.
Key features of the graduate program include:
- Research projects that covers, Chemical Engineering, Polymer engineering, Polymer Science, Mechanical Engineering, and Material Science
- State-of-the-art laboratory facilities
- Master’s and Ph.D. Programs
- Close collaboration with Chemical Engineering, petroleum Engineering, and Biotechnology departments in the faculty
Polymer Engineering department runs advanced research projects in a wide variety of specialties, taking advantage of experienced faculty members in the field. The department awards scholarship to top-ranked international students with related backgrounds and continues its support to successful students for Ph.D. The total number of graduate students has been 40 masters and 22 Ph.Ds (as of 2013) and admits 14-18 MSc and 5-10 national students per year.
The Department of polymer engineering at TMU has 9 faculty members (having 2 professors, 4 Associate professors and 3 Assistant Professors) in various research fields including polymer synthesis, polymer composites and nanocomposites, polymer rheology and processing, rubber and elastomers, film and fiber and foam processing, heat and energy storage materials and biomaterials.
Furthermore, there are 9 laboratory centers : Thermal Properties of Polymers, Physical and Mechanical Properties of Polymers, Polymer Synthesis and Characterization, Polymer Processing and Manufacturing, Computer Aided Design Laboratory, Physical Chemistry of Polymers, Polymer Rheology, Tribology of Polymer Composites, Rubber Compounding and Processing.
One-Year Master Program:
Offered Major Title: Polymer Science and Engineering
- 2 Recommendations letters
- Official Transcripts of Bachelor Degree
- Published Paper (Tell us how many papers do you have, if any)
- Acceptable bachelor degree/degrees:
- Polymer Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Material Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering